Monday, January 16, 2012

Song of the Week

Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes

I've been doing this project for my daughter, Eek, for about the past year. Instead of keeping a traditional baby book, I've been collecting things I think she should have - songs, poems, quotes, small letters from me, and days from her life - and I'm planning on purchasing a trunk and filling it with things that I think she might find comforting later in life. I plan on giving this to her on her eighteenth birthday, so when she goes on to the rest of her life, she'll always have something to remind her of her family. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it a secret from her for that long, but we'll see! 

I'm planning on doing a post like this every week - a song that I want to give my daughter and now, by extension, you. Some I will explain and others, like this one, I find to be self-explanatory.  Hopefully, you'll get something out of these little things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment